Released August, 2008
The Pros:Good performance in low light. Fast autofocus (AF points are also well spread out). Great value (high end features for the price).
The Cons:Basic kit lens doesn't match the capabilities of the camera. Expensive. No video mode.
The Nikon D700 is a professional, Digital SLR released in August 2008. After the highly acclaimed Nikon D3 was released in April 2008, most reviewers were pleasantly surprised by the D 700. It has been critically praised and is said to offer pro-level performance and an extensive array of features.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Nikon brings its exclusive EXPEED digital image processing to work with its original 12.1 megapixel FX- Format CMOS sensor to deliver the widely acclaimed breathtakingly rich image quality. The camera has has the option of hand-held or tripod modes to suit the shooting requirements. It has a rugged magnesium-alloy construction and extensive dust and moisture protection. A 3 in. super density VGA color monitor and an optical (through the lens) viewfinder are included. It also has good speed, giving five frames per second continuous shooting. The big drawback of the D700 is its lack of resolution compared to some of its competitors. Cannon and Sony have similar cameras with a greater camera resolution (megapixels). Even so most reviewers find the Nikon D700 to be extremely versatile and a good performer in the studio and on location.
- 12.1 mega pixel FX-Format CMOS sensor
- Nikon is exclusive EXPEED digital imaging processing
- Broad and ISO sensitivity up to 6400 and incredibly low noise
- Continuous shooting up to five frames per second
- 3 in. super density VGA color monitor
- To live view shooting modes-hand-held or tripod modes
- Rugged magnesium-alloy construction
- Accurate 51-point AF with a 3 D focus tracking
- Dynamic integrated dust reduction system
- 1005-pixel 3 D color matrix metering II- legendary Nikon exposure accuracy and an onboard data base capable of holding over 30,000 images.
- Scene recognition system
- Nikon picture control settings-9 customizable settings and for preset options to fine-tune image appearance preferences.
- Active D-lighting with new auto mode-three phases control to capture previously lost details while maintaining normal contrast.
- Bayonet type interchangeable lens mount
- Supplied accessories-EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-18a Quick Charger, UC-E4 USB Cable, EG-D100 Video Cable, AN-D700 Camera Strap, BF-1A Body Cap, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover, BM-9 LCD Monitor Cover, Software Suite CD-ROM
User Reviews (4)
good performance in low light
fast autofocus (AF points are also well spread out)
great value (high end features for the price)
dedicated settings buttons make it fast and easy for those familiar with the camera
basic kit lens doesn't match the capabilities of the camera
dedicated settings buttons clutter the camera body and may make it daunting for unfamiliar users
You may also like...