Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
Released September, 2007
The Pros:Better quality pentaprism than competing models. High quality integrated flash, no color tinting, bright. Supports Minolta lenses as well as Sony.
The Cons:Battery life drains very quickly when using the LCD screen.
The description on this report is copy and pasted marketing material.
The description should be rewritten to provide the facts from a neutral point of view, as per ProductWiki policy and guidelines.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
- ): 1 lb. 8 oz. (690g) body, not including battery, lens and media
- Dimensions (Approx.): (WHD) 5 5/8" x 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" (141.7 x 104.8 x 79.7 mm) (excl. protrusions)
- Megapixel: 12.24 MP
- Imaging Device: 12.24 (effective) APS Exmor™ Sensor; 23.5 x 15.6 mm; RGB primary color filter
- LCD: 3.0" TFT Xtra Fine™ (921k pixels) LCD
- Viewfinder: Optical: TTL, 0.9x magnification with 50mm lens at infinity; 95% coverage
- Microphone: N/A
- White Balance: Auto plus 6 Modes (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash); +/- 3-step adjustable Kelvin temperature control (2500-9900k w/19-step Magenta/Green compensation).
- Self Timer: Yes (10 seconds, 2 seconds, Off)
- Memory Stick PRO™ Media Compatibility: Tested to support up to 16GB media capacity; does not support Access Control security function
- Red-Eye Reduction: On/Off (all modes)
- Burst Mode: Selectable Hi (5FPS) Lo (3FPS); JPEG Standard/Fine: Unlimited to capacity of media; JPEG Extra Fine: 8; cRAW (compressed): 24; cRAW+JPEG: 12; RAW: 17; RAW+JPEG: 11.
- Color Mode(s): Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Adobe RGB, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night view, Autumn, B/W, Sepia (Except for Adobe RGB, all other color modes use the sRGB color space)
- USB Port(s): Yes, Supports USB 2.0 Hi-speed
- Output(s): Video: Yes, NTSC/PAL Selectable
- HD Output: Yes (w/ optional HDMI cable)
- Focus: Auto Focus: TTL Phase Detection, Multi-point: 11 Area, 11 Line, 5 center twin-cross lines, Auto Focus Mode: Yes, Wide focus area (Auto, 11 areas), Spot focus area, Local focus area (11 local areas selectable), Visual Focus Confirm: Direct via VF Matte Screen, Manual Focus: Yes
- Shutter Speed: 30 < 1/8000 sec 55 step, Bulb
- ISO: Auto/160/200/400/800/1600/3200/ 4000/5000/6400
- EV Compensation: ±3.0 EV, 0.3 EV / 0.5 EV steps selectable
- Exposure: Manual Exposure: Yes, w/EV indicator, Manual Exposure: Yes; Aperture/Shutter Priority, Manual, Program Shift: Yes, Command Dial
- Lens Type: Interchangeable A-mount
- Flash Effective Range: Manual popup; Approx. GN 12 (in meters at ISO 100); Coverage of up to 16 mm (in focal length); Approx. 3 sec. recycling time; Flash-ready indicator.
- Flash Mode(s): Manual Pop-up: Auto, Fill-flash, Rear flash sync, Wireless off camera flash (with Flash HVL-F56AM, F36AM)
- Battery Type: NP-FM500H Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Capacity: 7.2V, CIPA standard: approx. 650 pictures3
- Limited Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor
- Supplied Software: Image Data Converter SR ver.2.0, Image Data Lightbox SR ver.1.0, Remote Camera Control ver.1.0 (all Windows & Macintosh), Picture Motion Browser Ver.2.1.02 (Windows only)
- Operating System Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional, XP Home and Professional, Vista; Macintosh® OS X (v 10.1.3 or later). OS must be installed at the factory.
- Histogram Display: Yes; RGB display; Playback only
- AF Illuminator Light: Yes, On/Off Select
- Multi-Pattern Measuring: 40 segment honeycomb pattern; Multi-segment, Center Weighted, Spot
- Clear RAW NR: N/A
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports, Sunset, Night view/portrait
- Movie Mode(s): N/A
- BIONZ™ Engine: Yes w/ Dynamic Range Optimizer. DRO Modes include Off, Standard, Advanced Auto, Advanced Manual, Advanced 3-frame bracketing. Advanced Manual include 5 adjustable levels.
User Reviews (2)
Better quality pentaprism than competing models
High quality integrated flash, no color tinting, bright
Supports Minolta lenses as well as Sony
Higher resolution LCD screen than comparable models
Menu system is intuitive and consistently easy to follow
Battery life drains very quickly when using the LCD screen
You may also like...